Friday, November 2, 2012

One Proud Girl!

For those who haven't already guessed I am about the biggest nerd you ever will meet. Well actually that is probably a lie. But I still take pride in my hard work when it comes to school. I have worked really hard for the grades I have gotten and I am proud of them. Well this term I struggled to keep my grades the way they were. My class schedule is pretty hard, as my parents reminded me constantly reminded me but I was determined to get all A's. That determination shattered when on the last week of the term I got on to my grades and realized I still had an A- in AP Calculus at a 91%. I will be honest my relationship with my 4.0 has not been the most healthy thing. I am sure I have nearly killed myself. I complained to many of my friends that my GPA was destroyed and they looked at me as if I was insane. I probably am. The possibility of getting an A- finally set in and I came to terms with it. The realization hit that the world would keep on turning even with an A-. I told myself that it was a good thing, I could stop caring and that it really wasn't that bad. On the last day of the term I took my final test in math. Our tests are worth 70% of our grades. After I took it I knew I did well and felt confident but still afraid. I didn't realize the power that test would have on my grade. I waited patiently for my test to be graded. Finally on Thursday, the deadline to submit grades, my teacher told us she needed our help grading. She handed out the tests and we began grading in detail going through the steps. I got my test back and I got 106/105, better than perfect. My teacher plugged in the grades quickly and I asked to see mine. What I saw made me jump up and do a fist pump 96%. Yes I am a proud girl when I look one my grades and see a beautiful 4.0. If you read this all I am very impressed.

No comments: