Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Music and Movement

"While I dance I can not judge, I can not hate, I can not separate myself from life. I can only be joyful and whole. This is why I dance." -Hans Bos
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." -Berthold Auerbach

These quotes explain perfectly why I dance, why I play music and why I love it. When I dance I can leave the world behind, it is just me, the music, the movement working together to create something beautiful. I can express my emotions in a beautiful way. Yesterday when I was folding under pressure from school I went to dance and for a short time that despair was gone. The stress leaves my body and I feel completely free. The same thing comes with when I can create beautiful music, or even when I hear beautiful music. Music has the power to heal wounds, to comfort, to free. So there you go know that I listened to some beautiful music and have calmed down it is back to calculus. Maybe I will take another break and play my flute or dance.

No comments: