I hope that inspires everyone because it inspires me.
Friday, June 21, 2013
New found Love
I have spent the last three years telling myself there was no way. I told myself I wasn't good enough, strong enough, fast enough. This year I decided all that didn't matter and I joined cross country. I only started on Wednesday. The team had been training for a week and half and I was scared out of my mind. I could barely sleep or eat but I got up early and went and it has been wonderful. I feel so good about myself. I am not fast, I am not the best. In fact I am in the slowest group but hey I am the fastest of the slowest and that is something to be proud of. My wonderful coach talked to me and said that the head coach wants everyone to stay in the group they are in for about two more weeks but she told me then I should be moving up to the higher group. I was so excited. She said not to hold anything back and try my hardest. It is hard to not have someone to push my pace and push me by being faster than me but I have been enjoying it. And it feels good to push the other girls and set their pace. I am in love. Really I am amazed that I love something so much that about 3 years ago I hated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment