Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Adventures

I love summer. It always passes too quickly though. School will be starting soon and the summer homework rush has to begin I guess. Although I finished Cry the beloved Country today and I am not going to complain about reading that. It was beautiful. Unfortunately all summer homework is not that enjoyable. Oh well. Anyways here is an update on some of the wonderful things I have gotten to do.
1) Went to EFY with my wonderful friend Myranda. It was a fabulous experience. I learned so much and met so many amazing people.
2) I went to my last year at girls camp, as a young women at least. I love girls camp. It really has made me a better person and my testimony has grown so much over the past 6 years. Plus it has been so much fun. Luckily some of the traditions I set will live on.





3) Cross Country every morning. I have seen so much improvement. Yesterday as part of the 24th of July celebrations I got to run the Temple to Temple 5k, it was my very first 5k and I was thrilled when I timed in at 24 minutes and 56 seconds. I loved the feeling of seeing the new city center temple and the finish line and being reminded that the temple is my goal. The energy I felt as soon as I saw the finish line was amazing and I was able to give a kick that amazed my coaches and teammates. It felt great. Awesome job to Joseph who was able to hold on and get a 26:30 time. I was so proud of him.

So here is to summer and all the fun I've had and the fun I will continue to have.

No comments: