Sunday, June 9, 2013

Daddy

It is almost fathers day and I have been thinking about how much I love my Dad, actually how much I love both my Mom and Dad. They are wonderful parents they have given me everything I have. They have guided me throughout my whole life. Last Sunday I realized that soon I would be considered an adult and the thought frightened me. I hate change. Part of me doesn't want to grow up and move out and leave my wonderful parents. I am excited for what the future holds but also frightened. I still want to be that little girl who sat on the counter while my dad shaved so I could feel his whiskers. I still want to be able to have him bounce me up and down and sing zip a dee doo dah. I still want to come home to the waiting arms of my mom. To be able to curl up in a ball and have my Mom or Dad comfort me. I still want to go running with my dad and biking with my mom. I still want to be able to give them hugs every night and have them whisper to me, "I love you". So here is to one of my best friends my Daddy and Papasicle. He works so hard to support me and my mom and siblings. He is a great example of the kind of man I someday hope to marry. I am convinced I have the best dad in the whole world.






No comments: