Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Look at last Year

One of my favorite things I love about the New Year is looking back at my accomplishments and what fun things I did. It gives me a chance to think about how blessed I am. On New Years Eve my family was driving back from a quick trip we took to Saint George, my Dad asked me to drive for a while so while my brothers and my Mom were watching a movie in the back of the van my Dad and I were sitting on heated seats and discussing our favorite parts of our last year. We went month by month and talked about things that we did. The talks I have with my Dad are always wonderful and this one was no exception. So here are some highlights of last year.

 January: Jared came back from his mission in Taiwan. 

 February: Well nothing exciting happend that I can remember. February can be summed up in one word, School.

March: I turned 16 got my driver's licence and went on my first date

 April: we went down to Moab for Spring Break and the annual Redd Bull Sale.

May I took the AP World Test and got a 4, rehearsed constantly for my dance concert and finally   performed. We also spent a few nights on a houseboat on Lake Powell. 

 June: I went to Girls Camp we ended up getting evacuated and ended up staying in the Stake Center and went on a Trek for Youth Conference

 July: I flew up to meet my family in Canad where we toured the beautiful Canadian Rockies, which were gorgeous probably the most beautiful place I have ever visited. We drove back  and visited my Grandparents in Idaho along the way. Then I headed to Oregon to go to EFY with my friend Amber. It was a wonderful experience. July would have to be my favorite month of last year.
In August: 

August: I attended the Cannon Family Reunion it was fun to get to hang out with my cousins that live in Oregon since I missed them when I went to EFY

September: My Big Brother, my hero, my best friend left on his Mission to Berlin Germany. I miss him a lot but I know he is doing what he is supposed to and I am proud of him.

October: I went to Bryce Canyon, which I have decided is one of the most beautiful places ever.

November: Thanksgiving dinner was at my house because my grandparents are in Hawaii, it was not quite the same but it was still delicious. 

December: I performed in Christmas Around the World. Had a wonderful Christmas with my family and got to skype my brother. 




D

No comments: