Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Update!

Christmas was great! Fabulous really, although I did not get any of the snow I wanted and the dry weather equals dry hands, chapped lips and yes bloody noses, or rather bloody nose. But the Christmas festivities began as usual by going to my fabulous Grandparent's house to celebrate my Grandpa's birthday and Christmas. Turkey, cranberry sauce, Aunt Nan's salad, mashed potatoes, pie, cake, gingerbread men, rolls, brussel sprouts, and probably a zillion other things I have forgotten, oh egg nog (which is essential or course). You get the point it was delicious. After dinner we had our standard Christmas pagent and concert. It was great fun. In the morning we woke up when Jared called from his mission in Taiwan. He sounded great and it was delightful to talk to him. Can you believe he comes home on the 17? Amazing!! I am super excited. We painted his room and got new carpet in it over the break. After we talked to him we opened presents, I got a new bed spread which is beautiful, clothes, books, a purse and more. I loved it all! We then went upstairs to watch the powerpoint of pictures of all the Christmas' after my parent's were married, skipping a few years I could not find. I was so glad my parents enjoyed it. My Dad insisted we watch it over and over again on the second time he made me stop every picture and he still watches it. Yes success I would think. We then went to the hour of church that was held which was delightful. We ate Christmas dinner and went back to my Grandparent's to recieve our Christmas presents from them. Well that is the condensed version of my Christmas. The tree is losing it's needles, the lights and decorations need to be taken down but for some reason I keep hanging on I want it to be Christmas again. So Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: