Then we drove to Escalante ate dinner ate a small but good resturant, went to the hotel, watched some I Love Lucy Episodes, and went to bed. In the morning we started the long drive to Hole In the Rock, 50 miles each way on a dirt road, and a poor quality one. At first it was okay but soon my stomach started aching and my poor bumb was sick to death of being bumped all over. Okay you are probably wondering, "Hole in the Rock, what in the blazes is that?" Hole in the Rock is the place where mormons blasted through sandstone to cross down to where Lake Powell is now to settle the land across the River. This is amazing it was hard for me to go down and they took wagons and horses. But it was beautiful!
Unfortunately we didn't realize how long a hike down it was and we didn't bring water. My Grandma was at the top because she didn't want to take the risk of coming down but she didn't have any water because my Dad had the keys. My Grandpa was about dying from dehydration so I had to run and scramble up all those rocks to get my water bottle I left at the top. My dad didn't want me to take the keys because I didn't have any pockets. I ran my heart out because my Grandpa needed water, I got to the top and my water bottle was gone, I ran around looking for my grandma and finally found her and she had it but she had drank most of the water. She said I should sit down I looked like I was going to have heat stroke but I ran back down. Sure I was tired but my grandpa needed water. I ran down and figured out my grandpa had been given water by another person but my parents needed it so I wasn't too angry. I convinced my dad to give me the keys, promising I wouldn't drop them and ran back up, my grandma wanted water and so did I. This time I had my own fan club of people who were amazed at my speed and determination. They seriously were treating me like a celebrity. I got to the top we all lived, and it was actually a very good day. I would suggest going there to anyone, just bring water.
1 comment:
I feel like all the years I lived in Utah are somewhat worthless because I never once visited Lake Powell. And I married a northern Arizonan. There are no words for my shame.
Congrats on being a superhero. Sounds like an adventure.
Post a Comment