Sunday, May 20, 2012
Summer and Seth
Summer and Seth that is what I named this post for lack of a better name but the more I think about it the more I realize it basically covers what I am feeling right know. I have almost made it to summer that wonderful time of the year. No school, sunshine, time for runs in the morning, vacations, girls camp, picnics, flowers, swimming, parties, hiking and wonderful things. The end of this school year has kind of just hit me. I only have three more days. Last week didn't feel like the end with AP tests, and testing in general I have worked up to the very end and been stressed. On Friday when I went to AP world and we watched a movie it hit me this is the end. Of course accompanying the end comes stress over grades but mostly joy. Only two tests left and only one full class left of every class and then year book day. I plan to make this summer a great one it is full of plans that should make it that way.
I will be going to Girls Camp, Canada, Trek for Youth Conference, and EFY in Oregon. I am one lucky girl!
This is also a special summer because it is the last one I am going to be spending with my big brother, one of my very best friends, for two years. Yes that is right, Seth received his mission call to the Berlin Germany Mission. I wanted to post a picture of him with his call but my computer will not load photos at a minute but imagine one happy young man. Berlin, Germany is a dream come true for him, it was exactly where he wanted to go. But I will miss him. It was hard to send off all my brothers and Seth is going to be just as hard. Seth has been the best example and brother to me in the whole world. He knows how to make me smile and understands me. It has not always been that way. When we were younger we were best friends we did everything together.
I am not sure what happened but eventually we grew apart and started to argue constantly. Our parents separated us in the car to stop arguing and crying on my part. We loved each other but did not show it. Maybe I became to girly maybe he became too cool, I don't know. It remained that way until Jared left on his mission and Seth became the older brother. He looked out for me at school, helped me know where my classes were and made me smile. The car rides to school were filled with laughing and are some moments I will never forget. We told each other our problems and became best friends. He knows how to make me happy and avails himself of those opportunities. He even makes sure to tell me he loves me when he knows my day has been rough. Yeah I am lucky to have him as a big brother. He has grown into such a young man and I know he will make a great missionary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment