Thursday, July 19, 2012

Taste of Summer

I sat down to write this post and it began to rain outside. I have always been attracted to the rain, the smell, the sound, the feel everything so I after sitting taking a few sniffs out of the window I ran down stairs into the back yard in bare feet to just feel the summer rain. Unfortunately in stopped after a few minutes but it was refreshing and the smell and breeze is still drifting in through the open office window. I wish rain would become a more common taste of my Summer. I love the sun but there is something wonderful about the rain. Well know that I have completely rambled off topic let me give you a taste of my summer so far. The first week of summer started with a trip to Lake Powell where we stayed on a house boat, sea kayaked and just had a marvelous time. Summer took a break for a while and I had fun being with friends, relaxing and wasting time very effectively. The Last week of June I went to Girls Camp. We ended up getting evacuated and having Girls Camp in the Stake Center. But it was so much fun. The Day after Girls Camp I flew to Canada to be with my family in the Banff area for our Family Vacation. It was so pretty, beautiful even spectacular! I was stunned by the dramatic peaks and turquoise water. After Canada I had a 3 day break before heading to Martins Cove in Wyoming for Youth Conference. It was an amazing experience and I gained a greater appreciation for the pioneers. The Faith those early saints had inspires me. Thank you Pioneers! There is a taste of my wonderful summer. Next week its off to Oregon for EFY. I can't contain my excitement! I am hanging on to summer although I feel the end is near. I can't pull myself to go and do my summer homework which is sitting on my desk I would much rather eat cake and ice cream and watch movies. There is a bitter taste in the back of my mouth when my mom takes me school clothes shopping or when I look at a calender and realize there is a little over a month until school starts again but for now I will run, dance, and play and maybe work a little.

No comments: